For example, pairing carbs and proteins together is helpful for your energy.
Some foods are better digested with a little bit of fat. For example, if you eat white potatoes (I think sweet potatoes taste better and they are better for you), eat with some sort of fat or a little bit of vinegar to reduce the glycemic load.
Put lemon in your water – the smell of the lemon and the water will help to increase your energy.
Here are some other foods that get along together
· Sliced strawberries on cereal
· Squeeze a fresh lemon or orange on a spinach salad
· Pine nuts on asparagus or broccoli
· Tomatoes with avocado
· Tomato and olive oil
· Blueberries and walnuts
· Eggs and Cheese
· Raspberries and chocolate
· Fish and broccoli
Now we come to siblings that don’t get along. Some people believe that fruit should not be eaten with other kinds of foods. Try it for yourself and see how it makes you feel.
Here are some more:
· Melons and milk should be kept separate
· Here’s a more difficult one – separate beans and cheese
· Don’t eat Kale and Lentils together – even though both are fabulous separately!
And now some a shoutout to my fabulous siblings and to the amazing nieces and nephews they have given me!
Did you see my April Newsletter?